At Thomas, Fisher & Edwards, P.A., our attorneys work with individuals, families, trustees, personal representatives, entrepreneurs, and professionals to provide an extensive array of estate planning services. Our attorneys can provide you with comprehensive estate planning services fit for your family’s goals, such as wealth preservation, asset protection, and other tax planning services. We accept clients that are new to estate planning and clients with pre-existing estate planning documents. Our attorneys can provide you with the necessary information and expertise regarding the various estate planning options while focusing on tax minimization for your family and your beneficiaries.
Depending on your family’s needs, some of the estate planning services we may provide include:
- Wills and Revocable (Living) Trusts;
- Codicils and Amendments to Revocable Trusts;
- Various types of Irrevocable Trusts, generally used for complex tax planning, such as:
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs);
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs);
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGTs);
- Charitable Lead Trusts (CLTs);
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs);
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs);
- Durable Powers of Attorney (both immediate and springing);
- Health Care Powers of Attorney; and
- Declaration of a Desire for a Natural Death (Living Will).
Additionally, our attorneys can help you coordinate your comprehensive estate plan with any beneficiary designation accounts, such as Individual Retirement Accounts, 401ks, life insurance, and others, which are not controlled by your will or trust.
As mentioned above our attorneys are well versed in the preparation and execution of basic estate planning documents, such as wills and trusts; however, our attorney’s tax planning expertise sets us apart and can make an additional impact for you and your family. When necessary, we work with our clients, in conjunction with their financial advisor or other professionals, to develop a comprehensive estate plan to utilize both annual and lifetime gift (and estate) tax exclusion amounts. Furthermore, our attorneys have the expertise to assist in multi-generational planning, such as the implementation of dynastic trusts or the review and incorporation of pre-existing trusts from a parent or family member into a beneficiary’s estate plan.
If you or your family have questions about estate planning, we encourage you to contact our office and discuss your options today.